305730160209, ADVIL CAPLET 24ct
From the Manufacturer
Nothing’s stronger, longer lasting, better on your tough aches and pains than Advil®1. And nothing works on more pains than Advil®1. In fact, to treat their own aches and pains, the medicine doctors use most is the medicine in Advil®1. Advil® tablets, caplets, and gelcaps relieve headaches, backaches, muscle aches, menstrual pain, minor arthritis and other joint pain, and body aches & pains of the flu. For 25 years, millions of people have trusted Advil® to relieve their aches and pains. Relief Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This. 1Among OTC Pain Relievers.
|Active ingredient (in each caplet)||Purpose|
|Ibuprofen 200 mg (NSAID)*||Pain reliever/Fever reducer|
|*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug|
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- menstrual cramps
- the common cold
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- temporarily reduces fever
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 caplet every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist
- if pain or fever does not respond to 1 caplet, 2 caplets may be used
- do not exceed 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Advil® Works Differently To Provide Trusted Pain Relief
While there are many pain relievers available for sale without a prescription, it is important to know the differences between them. The pain reliever in Advil is ibuprofen, which is part of a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which also includes aspirin and naproxen sodium. Clinical studies have shown that when taken as directed, Advil is a safe and effective pain reliever.
Advil does not contain acetaminophen, an active ingredient that is included in many other pain relievers. Acetaminophen may cause severe liver damage when taken in excess of recommended doses.
For 25 years, patients and doctors have trusted Advil to deliver fast and long-lasting relief from many kinds of acute pain – headache, muscle aches, backache and minor arthritis pain. No other over-the-counter pain reliever has been proven stronger or to last longer on pain than Advil.
Any medication may cause side effects. You should not take more than the recommended dose because it will increase the risk of side effects. To maximize the benefit and reduce risk, it is important to use over-the-counter medicines responsibly according to the label and speak with a doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Please refer to the label for complete warnings and important information.
Advil Advanced Medicine Ibuprofen 200 Mg Caplets temporarily relieves pain reliever and fever reducer.
The medicine doctors use most is the medicine in advil.
Temporarily reduces fever.